CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 6, 2008

Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes.

So...I saw this on a piece of flair recently and it really resonated with me. I have been in leadership nearly all my life and it has never been easy for me to speak my mind. I seem to always be worried about everyone's feelings and hold back when I should probably speak the truth.

Does it make me a bad leader if I hold back? I think it does on some level. There is a fine line between when we should speak and when we should be silent, but it must be the Holy Spirit and not our fear that drives us to silence or to speak for that matter. A good leader will set aside fear to speak the hard words that people do not want to hear.

So, to all you shaky voices out there; take a deep breath and speak your mind if you truly believe it is necessary for the situation. Trust the Holy Spirit and let the chips fall where they may.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so hip, all talking about Flair!